To use both CalDAV and CardDAV in the same account and just using the host name as URL, configure well-known URLs (recommended).
CalDAV/CardDAV path: /remote.php/dav/ (e.g. https://server.example/owncloud/remote.php/dav/)
OwnCloud 8 and below:
CalDAV path: /remote.php/caldav/ (e.g. https://server.example/owncloud/remote.php/caldav/)
CardDAV path: /remote.php/carddav/
Contact group method: groups are per-contact categories
User name and password: same as in ownCloud
(LDAP authentication may cause problems with certain OwnCloud apps)
- Calendars empty when using PHP 7
- Not all contacts are synchronized (problems with @ in resource names)
- OwnCloud reports HTTP 404 errors for collections when a single resource is not found
- VCard 3/4 compatibility problems; photos lost
- OwnCloud takes very long to process certain requests, so DAVdroid times out
Most problems can be fixed by upgrading to the newest OwnCloud version (don't forget to update the Contacts, Calendar and Task app, too).