- If you want to use task synchronization, install the OpenTasks app [F-Droid, Play Store] before installing DAVdroid.
- Download and install DAVdroid.
- Click on the "+" floating action button to add a new DAVdroid account.
- Enter your server details (see below) and click "Next".
- Enter the name for the account. Basically, you can choose any account name like "Work" or "Private" or "My Account", but when you use attendee information in events, Android expects the account name to be your email address. The account name will be used as ORGANIZER field for group-scheduled events.
- Then, click on "Add account".
- Navigate to the account in DAVdroid. The available collections (= address books, calendars, task lists) are shown there.
- Check the collections you want to synchronize.
- Optional: open account settings (from the action bar) and adapt them to your needs.
- As soon as a calendar or task list is synchronized, it's available in your local calendar app(s) and OpenTasks.
What is the Base URL?
When logging in by URL, DAVdroid asks for the "Base URL". This can be:
- the root URL (/) of your server if well-known URLs are configured (recommended, see below), or
- a valid CalDAV URL, i.e.
- a valid CardDAV URL, i.e.
So, DAVdroid will query the base URL for both CalDAV and CardDAV and use whatever it finds. If CalDAV and CardDAV are separated on your server and well-known URLs are not configured, you'll have to create two DAVdroid accounts: one for CalDAV (use the CalDAV URL as base URL) and one for CardDAV (use the CardDAV URL as base URL).
To refresh the collection list and create collections on the server, DAVdroid needs to know the CalDAV/CardDAV homeset, so these functions will only be available if a principal and/or homeset URL can be found for the respective protocol.
To use CalDAV and CardDAV in one DAVdroid account, make sure these redirects are present on your server:
/.well-known/caldav → CalDAV service path (302 Found), e.g. /remote.php/caldav/
/.well-known/carddav → CardDAV service path (302 Found), e.g. /remote.php/carddav/
If these redirects are configured correctly, you can use the root URL http(s)://your.server.example/ without any additional paths as the base URL in DAVdroid.